Sunday, March 7, 2010

Latest stuff

Greetings everyone!
Strong winds are blowing right off the ocean making this one chilly night here on the coast. But there's a lovely fire burning in my wood stove turning my small house into a toasty cozy place to be.
I have been silent this week in an effort to finish some of my new shrink art classes and to create a little extra product to sell in the places that I am not currently teaching these classes. Here are some examples

These samples are Wood, Wood and Bone, Bone and fossils. In reality they are all shrink plastic. As you can see I've been having fun with all the natural materials white shrink plastic can mimic.

The last classes for the month of February were Altered Books #1 here in Half Moon Bay and Shrink Plastic #2 at Scrapbook Depot in San Carlos. Everyone in the altered books class got a great start on their respective books and they are going to be absolutely amazing. The subjects range from Victorian fashion to Zombie Film Noir. Stay tuned for pictures of these books as the artists complete their first spreads. In the Shrink Art class we were creating stone petroglyph bracelets. Every bracelet was totally unique even though all the students were using the same set of instructions. It was incredible! I want to thank the owners and staff of LaDiDa Cafe and Scrapbook Depot for allowing me space to teach in their establishments. I also want to thank all of the students that attended the classes. I sincerely hope that they all had as much fun as I did!

I have also been working on my next altered books class-Windows and Doors. You can see a preview of this class from my current altered book: Alone and afraid of the Dark at the top of this post.

This week is collage week. I want to create a new sample for Faux Beeswax collage and finish my new Collage Challenge 1 class. Stay tuned for more about this class.

Have a great week and Collage on!

No comments: