Monday, June 20, 2011

Amazing Mermaids under Glass

Greetings Everyone,

On Saturday most of the students that attended  Mermaids Under Glass chose to finish their pieces.  I just had to show everyone.  Their work is stunning and the pieces are truly amazing. Just click on each image if you want a close up.   Above you can see Jolene's piece.  I love the Blue and purple center surrounded by Crimson and Nickel Azo Gold. Its positively yummy.



Here you can see a close up of the interior



This is Cindy's piece.  Again I love the pink center.  Also take a look at the shell the coloring and the wire work is absolutely beautiful.  I thought that Cindy used the shape of the silver dish to maximum advantage in this piece.  It all works together beautifully.

Here's a close up of the beautiful pink center and the shell work.



Here is Maureen's piece.  Again I love the teal and turquoise centers.  They really show off the images to the max.  This triple decker piece is an amazing show piece.  I love the use of the beaded wire to pull the separate pieces together.  In fact I think its stunning.


Here is a close up of the top piece.  Maureen has added little seed pearls.  They look like seafoam to me. Just beautiful.



This is Lisa's work.  Look closely at the intricate and incredible shell work on this piece.  Lisa is a master at small detail work.  Again I really love the center image set off with the nickel azo gold and crimson color. The intricacy of this piece reminds me of a Roman Mosaic.  I also love the addition of the mermaid bronze piece at the top.


You've got to check out a close up of Lisa's incredible shell work.

More amazing works of art from some very talented artists!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your classes Connie ~ Thank you <3. This was so fun, whimsical and a truly wonderful few days hanging with gals I adore! Can't wait for the next one. Hugs, Lisa