Thursday, March 10, 2011

Altering and more altering

Greetings everyone! After finding a stash of Cabinet Cards in January I have decided to revive an old class of mine. This weekend we will be altering Vintage Cabinet Cards. I love this class. I love the fact that I am creating a piece of art out of something that is no longer valued in its original form. Many people might think that its disrespectful to put bunny ears on "Uncle Enoch" below. I do not. Uncle Enoch and his bunny ears make me and others smile and laugh. He inspires me and makes me want to be creative. In his slightly altered way Uncle Enoch lives again and is cherished instead of sitting at the bottom of some box at a flea market slowly deterioriating. Who knows maybe Uncle Enoch would have laughed as well. I can only hope that when I am dead and gone that someone rescues my picture and values it enough to give me bunny ears! Here are the details of my class this weekend: Saturday March 12th Location: Scrap-it in Santa Cruz Instructor: Connie Andrews Class: Altered Cabinet cards Description: Don’t you love all those old cabinet card photos? Using Collage, Rubberstamping, acrylic paints and various embellishments we will give discarded photos from 1800’s and 1900’s a second chance to be loved. Items to bring: Paintbrushes and scissors. Feel free to also bring any special charms or decorative rubber stamps and dye inks that you might be dying to use. Time: 11:00 to 3:00 Fee: $45.00 To sign up for this class please call Scrap-it at: 831 475-2380 Class limit: 5 You can see more of my Altered Cabinet cards below.

No comments: