Friday, January 8, 2010

Ooohhhhh! Shrink Art !

Greetings, I trust that the New Year has started well for everyone. I am really excited about my new Shrink Art series of classes and wanted to share them with you. I has long understood that Shrink Plastic was very versatile and could mimic many materials. Needing some different types of classes for a couple of local shops has given me an excuse to finally break out my long hoarded shrink Plastic and experiment. Here are some of the materials that I have been able to mimic using Shrink Plastic, decorator chalks and rubber stamps!

Bone Scrimshaw

LaLique Art Deco Glass

Green Jade

Beeswax Honeycomb

Wood

Stone Petroglyphs
Porcelain
This Saturday the 9th I will be at Customer Appreciation Day at Scrapbook Depot demostrating
some of these techniques starting at about 10:30 am. So come on down and check out my new series of classes and the very cool items that can be made with Shrink Plastic! Also come down and check out the store. There will be make and takes, demos and free drawings and prizes!
My first Shrink Plastic class-Shrink Plastic Basics at Scrapbook Depot will be on Sunday Jan 31st from 12:30 to 3:30. Every student will walk out with a Shrink Art porcelain bracelet.
I hope to see you soon!

3 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

Oh my gosh!!!
These are gorgeous. Looking forward to the class.
Maria

Denise said...

Since I'm nowhere near you I guess I'll have to take the class to take the class virtually? Your art is wonderful, stunning and beautiful! Nothing like what we did as children that's for sure! I (like so many I'm sure) have fond memories of it and and am looking to put my adult spin on it but want a bit of a an adult jump start help on it. any help? Thank you and if not, thank you for your beautiful art!
Denise

Connie said...

Hi Denise,

So glad that you like my shrink art. Much of the shrink art that I have created is my take on a little booklet from Design Originals called simply shrink art 101. My suggestion is that you start with this book. It will make you understand that Shrink Plastic is truly remarkable. It can be made to look like jade, glass,porcelin,stone and even beeswax. Its also just a blast to play with.
Hope this helps. Any questions please feel free to email me at connie@isbjorn.com at anytime!

Connie