Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Glittering Glass Bead Gel

Greetings everyone!
Last Saturdays first altered book class at Art Max went great! I think even admist all my rambling eveyone had a great time. Or perhaps I'm projecting. I at least had a great time. Most eveyone picked a book and a theme and started their first spread. I can't wait to see how the books turn out. I would like to thank all the students that ventured out into the rain for attending this class . And a huge thank you as well to the great people at Art Max for allowing all of us a space to create.
At present I am deep into Glass bead gel. This has been a difficult class for me. I was not quite sure how to fully use it. But I am gradually warming up to the product. It's by far one of Golden's most beautiful and decorative texture mediums. Here are some of the finished or near-finished pieces :

I say near-finished because I seem to want to create tiny pieces (like Jewels) and use them in larger assemblages. You can see in the piece above that I did just that. The piece at the very top of the page is also glass bead gel. Its difficult to see the glass bead gel because its reflective qualities wreak havoc with the quality of my scanner images. I really like this piece but I oh so wanted to put a shark fin in back of her. Well maybe next time.

I am teaching two new classes which includes Glass Bead gel this weekend. Here are all the particulars:

Saturday January 30th Where: LaDiDa Café in Half Moon Bay Class: Glittering Glass Bead Gel Description: Imagine your collage glittering like a precious jewel. How do you create this? Glass bead gel of course! Glass bead gel can be applied on top of your collage. It can be colored with transparent acrylic paints and spread around your canvas to shine like diamonds. Or add it to your collage for a water-like effect. Intrigued yet? Then check it out. Come and explore the possibilities of glass bead gel. Items to bring: paintbrushes, scissors and gel medium. Please bring Scissors, Paintbrushes and Matte Gel Medium. Time: 6:00 to 9:00pm Fee: $40.00 If you wish to sign up for this class please email me at connie@isbjorn.com. Sunday January 31st Where: Scrapbook Depot in San Carlos Class: Shrink Art basics and Porcelain bracelet Description: Do you think of Shrink Plastic as a mere craft for children? Well think again. This versatile material is very much for adults. With it you can create sophisticated jewelry or buttons. It can be used to put your own unique touch on journals, cards or scrapbooks. The fascinating thing about shrink Plastic is that it can be made to mimic many different materials. In this first class in a series you will learn a few shrink Art basics. Then you will create a simple bracelet that mimics porcelain. Please bring scissors. All other materials are provided. Time: 12:30 to 3:30 Fee:$30.00 If you wish to sign up for this class please call Scrapbook Depot at 650 592-2767

No comments: