Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Art-is-You Preview #1

Welcome everyone,
In my last post I promised a preview of some of the items that I will be selling at the Petaluma Art retreat: Art-is-You. You'll remember how happy I was with the results of the large commissioned piece I created a couple of months ago. If not you can read my blog post below.  At that time I was determined to create some smaller pieces.  Well above you can see my first lovely skeletal gent.  I am calling this ongoing series:  Skeletal Excavations.
Here is a full image of the entire piece.


 

 And speaking of something totally different.  How about Miss Bubbles?
 
This is also part of an ongoing series designed to allow me to use my doll sculpting skills once again.  Miss Bubble's face is hand sculpted out of Creative Paperclay. She is an elemental creature-part of her surroundings which is actually an altered vintage silver plated bowel.    Here is a close up of her face.


 
Come back tomorrow for part 2 of my Art retreat preview!

No comments: