Friday, December 25, 2009

Counting my blessings this Christmas

Greetings Everyone, I hope that you have all had a wonderful Christmas day. Yesterday I spent 12 hours at Kaiser Hospital in San Francisco with my parents. There was some concern that my mother had some heart troubles and her doctors wanted to admit her right away for testing. Luckily we learned that there was very little to be worried about and that medication would improve her condition. But this has caused me to reflect upon my blessings. I have been blessed this year by having wonderful people take my classes and enjoy them. I have been blessed to be a part of a community of incredible artists and to feel like I belong there. I have been blessed this year by having met incredibly kind business owners and staff at LaDiDa Cafe in half Moon Bay, M Coffee in Half Moon Bay, Pilates studio 4 in half Moon Bay, Lunas Memories in El Granada, Scrapbook Depot in San Carlos, Scrapbook U in Fremont, Scrapbook Territory in Berkeley, Scrap-it in Santa Cruz and Art Max in Seaside. I thank them all for their kindness in allowing me space and time to teach and exhibit. I have been blessed in my family and knowing that they are all healthy and continuing to achieve their dreams. I have been blessed in my husband, family and friends for standing by me and believing in me even when I did not. They have indulged me with gifts, companionship and understanding. I have been blessed with two lovely dogs and their unfailing companionship. I have been blessed with a beautiful place to live and work. The coast is a constant source of inspiration. I have been blessed to live in freedom which allows me the right to indulge in art. I can only hope that Americans start to wake up and realize that the history of the world is tyranny. That the United States is a small miracle admist a sea of tyranny. That is miracle comes at a price that needs to be defended and protected. I have been blessed with the story of a baby in a manger which teaches us all the value of love and the spirit of giving. This is the short list of things that I have to be thankful for. But there are many others. I hope in the coming year at those times when my life doesn't quite turn out the way I want; that I can try to remember these little miracles and be thankful for them. Please have a wonderful New Years day. I hope to see you all in the coming year. Collage on!

1 comment:

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a beautiful post Connie! I know we all think you are a blessing, too.
Maria