Monday, July 20, 2009

Classes this weekend

Greetings everyone,
I hope you all had a great weekend! I taught two great classes. On Saturday I taught the last beginning collage class at ArtMax in Seaside. The entire class graduated Beginning Collage with honors! Here are some samples of their final exams

Aren't these pieces awsome! This class has come so far so fast not only because of their talent but also because of their persistance and dedication. I am very lucky to be able to know and teach this very talented group of students. I also want to thank Art Max for allowing me to teach classes in the store. The staff up there is always helpful and unfailingly generous to me. And they are just nice people!

On Sunday I taught the second part of the crackle paste class at La Di Da in half Moon Bay. Crackle Paste takes 48 hours to dry completely and crackle so I have to teach this class in two parts. Unfortunately most of the wonderful pieces that were created were still drying from the sealers put on them so I could not get pictures. But I am hoping some of the students will email the collages so that I can post them here. Believe me this group of intermediate and Advanced students made some awsome pieces. I want to thank all the students that took the crackle paste classes. I also want to thank Luz the owner of La Di Da for welcoming classes in her great little cafe. Seriously folks if you haven't been to LaDiDa check it out. Walk in some day, grab a cup of coffee or tea and one of Luz' desserts -they're to die for.

No comments: