Thursday, April 30, 2009

Goodbye to Luna's Memories

Hello everyone,
I just got back from a goodbye gathering at Luna's Memories. There were quite a few people there to say goodbye. I had a few last thoughts that I wanted to share. Luna's was open for only six years. But what an incredible six years it has been!
It became apparent during this evening that for all of the people there tonight that Luna's Memories was more than just a store. It was family. Luna's saved many of our lives and made us artists. Luna's was our support system. When I say Luna's I mean Craig and Maureen Barton. Because they were Luna's Memories. They made a magical, wonderful space for many of us with their warmth, humour and openess. To Craig and Maureen: thank you from the bottom of my heart. Even though Luna's cannot continue it was a resounding success and more than a success. It was a miracle.
To the Luna's family: I love you all. Thank you for making me an artist.

No comments: